Full time – 37.5 Hours / Week
To develop new group relationships and securing the required group endorsements. New groups should have a minimum of 300 employees working out of one location (or several nearby locations) in targeted industries, unions, professional associations and businesses.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify prospective groups (suspects) through comprehensive research of targeted businesses, associations and unions located in the GTA and Southern Ontario. These can be accessed through business directories, online sources and referrals.
• Work with McLean Hallmark commercial Client Executives and the firm’s leadership team to identify clients who may qualify for a group home and automobile insurance program.
• Actively prospect target suspects through telephone, email and in-person contact and track all activity in the Epic brokerage management system.
• Gather required information from prospects and submit fully completed applications to the appropriate underwriter. Information will need to be gathered in a timely manner and regular follow ups will be required.
• Engage and interact with the markets that specialize in GH&A business.
• Attend at trade shows, conferences, meetings and related events to help promote group home and auto insurance programs administered by McLean Hallmark. This will require after hours work and overnight travel.
• Assist with the ongoing client relationship with groups and administrators as required.
• Develop an annual marketing plan for new and existing groups.
• Actively participate in regular team, company and individual meetings.
• Work hours will vary, with a degree of flexibility.
• Travel and use of your personal vehicle will be required.
• Support other initiatives as assigned by the Vice President, Personal Lines.
• Business to business sales experience with a related network of potential prospects.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Self-starter and highly motivated. Able to work alone and achieve goals and objectives.
• Computer comfortable
• RIBO licensed or willing to obtaining
• Valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle
Featured Insurance Resources
15 April 2019 / All Resources
The Ontario Government has introduced a reform on auto insurance. These changes mean more choice for the consumer, but with more choice comes more responsibility.
22 April 2019 / All Resources, Lifestyle
Anytime you register for an account, make an online purchase or book a dinner table through an online reservation, you are entering your email onto a system database somewhere. This information is easier than ever to collect.
19 March 2019 / All Resources, Car Insurance
You might have seen it in the news, a new form of car insurance fraud is on the rise in the GTA and their name is as spooky as their fake services.