Cottage Insurance

Nothing beats time spent with family and friends at the cottage. There are lots of options for protecting your home away from home. A cottage can be listed on your home insurance policy as a second property or you can have a standalone policy.

If you add your cottage to your home policy you can get bundling discounts, which means you’ll have some extra cash to stock the cottage beer fridge.

Insurance for Cottages

What’s covered?

Because most people aren’t at their cottages full time, certain risks like pipe bursts, and vandalism are harder to insure, which is why most cottage insurance policies are “named perils only”. This means that the insurance company will only cover the basics like liability, fire, lightening, objects falling outside and wind.

With cottage insurance you also have the option to cover your personal items. If most of your stuff travels back and forth with you, you might not need to cover your property inside the cottage. Or if your cottage is like a second home, furnished with only the finest you may want to cover those items. With cottage insurance you have options.

Additional Coverages

  • Docks, boat houses and other buildings
  • Theft, Vandalism
  • Boats, Sea Doos, ATV and other toys

Get a Cottage Insurance Quote Now!

How would you like to be contacted?

Phone Quote Form
Text Quote Form
Chat Quote Form

Or call us toll free at 1-877-477-7702.